Top Lessons Learned in 2021 – Part 2
At the end of each year, I do a year-end review, and at the beginning of the next year, I share what I learned from it. This year is no different. In this episode, I share the lessons I learned in 2021 in the categories of legacy, calling, money, friends, parenting, and marriage.
Today, I continue to share my biggest lessons learned in the past year. I talk about the importance of accepting that, one day, we’re all going to die. I talk about the need to pursue God’s calling in your life, being faithful to your ministry and resting in who God made you to be. I discuss the need to get your financial life in order, and I note the importance of eliminating greed, pride, and selfish ambition. I emphasize the importance of cultivating friendships, and I note the power of a single decision. I define JOMO and explain why family team meetings are essential. I discuss the power of excitement for the future, and I discuss the importance and power of reconciliation.
“You can turn your whole life around with one decision right now.”
– Doug Smith
Key Takeaways this week on the L3 Leadership Podcast:
● One day, we are all going to die, and we’re all going to leave a legacy behind
● God has a calling and a purpose for your life. Don’t miss it
● Be faithful to your ministry
● Rest in who God made you to be and what He’s called you to do
● Remember: Your job is not to feed the 5,000. It’s only to provide the loaves and the fish
● Be faithful with what God has put in your hands
● Get your financial life in order
● Find the areas of greed, pride, and selfish ambition in your life, and eliminate them
● Determine your roles, prioritize them, and live them
● Make time for your friends
● Be there when your friends need you
● People remember you for two things: when you were there for them, and when you weren’t
● It’s crazy how often families can come down to one decision
● No one at home cares about who you are on the outside
● Experience more JOMO; the Joy of Missing Out
● Always have something to look forward to
● Protect your marriage sole ties
● Reconciliation is often better than remarriage
Welcome to the L3 Leadership Podcast!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, where we’re obsessed with helping you grow to your maximum potential and maximize the impact of your leadership.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.