Top Lessons Learned in 2021
At the end of each year, I do a year-end review, and at the beginning of the next year, I share what I learned from it. This year is no different. In this episode, I share the lessons I learned in 2021 in the categories of business, leadership, and building your platform and influence.
Today, I share my biggest lessons learned in the past year. I talk about the importance of intentionality, the power of journaling, and the five sources I learn from. I note the importance of boundaries. I discuss the power of a culture of feedback, and I posit that the purpose of leadership challenges is to make you hungry for God. I point out the responsibility of a leader to grow others, I explain why you should become a fan of your customers, and I note the power of making aggressive mistakes. I share my input on the hiring process, why you should send emails on Saturdays, and the dangers of making influence an idol. I note the places where pride tends to invade, and I call on you to trust God with your reputation.
“Be okay with being a small part of a big thing.” – Doug Smith
Key Takeaways this week on the L3 Leadership Podcast:
● Your greatest lessons in life will come from the intentionality in which you live your life
● You must create a culture of providing feedback in your organization
● The challenges of leadership are meant to make you hungry for God
● Your sole job as a leader is to grow others
● Become fans of your customers
● Make aggressive mistakes
● If you wouldn’t work with someone for forever, don’t work with them for five minutes
● Send emails on Saturdays
● Be careful of making influence an idol
● Be okay with being a small part of a big thing
● Trust God with your reputation
Welcome to the L3 Leadership Podcast!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, where we’re obsessed with helping you grow to your maximum potential and maximize the impact of your leadership.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.