This episode is a talk I gave at our L3 Leadership Beaver County Kickoff. In this talk, I talk about why leadership matters, why we started L3 Leadership, and what we’re all about! I hope it adds value to your life!
Episode #92: Leadership Matters
Vision: To build and develop a community of leaders that grow to their maximum potential, develop the courage to pursue their dreams, and become leaders in their family, community, city, nation, and their world.
Our Core Values – What’s Important to Us!
1.) Leadership Matters
- John Maxwell says, “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”
- “Leadership is influence, nothing more, nothing less.” – John Maxwell
- “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” -Warren Bennis
- “The only definition of a leader is someone who has followers.” – Drucker
- Leadership is a process of social influence, which maximizes the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a goal. – Forbes Article
- The visionary leadership style
- The directional leadership style
- The strategic leadership style
- The managing leadership style
- The motivational leadership style
- The shepherding leadership style
- The team-building leadership style
- The entrepreneurial leadership style
- The reengineering leadership style
- The bridge-building leadership style
- You’re one relationship away from changing your destiny! -Craig Groeschel
- “You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” -Charles Jones
- There is no such thing as a minor lapse in integrity. – Tom Peters
- Just as leadership is more caught than taught, character is more caught than taught.” -Gerald Brooks
- 25 But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. 28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” -Matthew 20:25-28
- Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. 9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice. -Proverbs 31:8-9
- Every day wake up: How can I add value to people today?
- “I want to make a difference with people who want to make a difference, doing something that makes a difference.” -John Maxwell
- You can get everything you want in life, IF you just help enough other people get what they want. -Zig Ziglar
- Monthly Leadership Breakfast – 1st Saturday of every month
- Learning to Lead Podcast – 3 episodes a month
- Mastermind Groups – Very intentional groups – go through curriculum, share goals, support each other
- Social Events – Ski Trips, Retreats, Escape Room, Pirates Tailgate with Book Signing
- Speaking – We can do leadership trainings and talks for your organization
Leadership Breakfasts – If you’re in the Pittsburgh Area – Join us – April 16th with Kim Fleming, CEO of Hefren Tillotson. Learn more about L3Leadership.org/event
Sponsors: Champion Life Church –CHAMPION LIFE CHURCH IS… a LIFE-GIVING, non-denominational church (affiliated with the Association of Related Churches) – CASUAL, FUN, and PASSIONATE, both in mission and in worship – FAMILY-CENTERED and Relationally Authentic with first-class youth and children’s environments – Sharing the message of the LOVE and GOODNESS OF GOD and His Word to live the VICTORIOUS, Spirit-led, Faith-filled life with a focus on serving our community.
Leave a Rating and Review – Please go on iTunes, Sticher, or Google Play and leave a rating and review of this podcast.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The Learning to Lead Podcast in iTunes
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.