Leadership Breakfasts – If you’re in the Pittsburgh Area – Join us – April 16th with Kim Fleming, CEO of Hefren Tillotson. Learn more about L3Leadership.org/event
Sponsors: Babb Inc –Throughout our 80+ years in business, we have established a solid reputation as a leading, independent insurance broker, third-party administrator and consulting firm – in Pennsylvania and across the country. With a unique perspective, extensive experience and innovative business strategies, we deliver to our clients the best services and options possible.
Leave a Rating and Review – Please go on iTunes, Sticher, or Google Play and leave a rating and review of this podcast.
Everything You need to Know about Mastermind Groups
Join a Mastermind Group – We’d love for you to join one of our Masterminds.
Start a Mastermind Group – We’ve developed a manual and training for Mastermind Group leaders. We will give you everything you need to know about starting and running a Mastermind.
What is a Mastermind Group
“A friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.” -Napoleon Hill
The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony. -Napoleon Hill
“You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” -Charles Jones
Why we Launched Mastermind Groups
We Created the Group that We Would Want
We Wanted to Go Through Life with People who are Intentional
We Know We Can Accomplish More when We’re Surrounded with a Group of Like-Minded People
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
There is a Huge Need for this
What Our Mastermind Group Does
We Encourage Each Other
We Hold Each Other Accountable
We Collaborate with Each Other
We Help Each Other Go Further, Faster
We do Life Together
We Make Memories Together
How We Run Our Mastermind Group
Our group meets twice a month.
- Goal Sharing – We all share our top ten goals for the quarter or the year.
- Wins – We go around and quickly share if we’ve had any wins since we last met that were significant. We celebrate with each other.
- The Hot Seat – Each week, one member of the group is on the hot seat. They are to come with a goal that they are focused on and need help with. They inform the group about their goal, what they are doing to achieve it, and then ask the group questions in order to solicit feedback. Then the group helps brainstorm ideas to help them. The next time the person is on the hot seat, they have to update us on what action steps they took, how it turned out, etc.
- Leadership Challenges – We ask anyone if they have a specific leadership challenge they are facing now that they want discussed. If there is, we discuss it.
- Leadership Resource Discussion – For each group, we have everyone read a book or an article, watch a TED talk, or listen to a podcast and then we discuss it.
- Goal Reviews – Once a quarter, we review our progress with our goals for the year with the group. This helps people stay accountable and reminds everyone in the group of what each person’s goals are so they can help them achieve them.
- Prayer Requests – We go through the group and see how we can pray for each other.
Our Goal for Mastermind Groups
We want to have Mastermind Groups all over our City Growing Together – Our vision is to develop leaders who lead for Christ in every sector of society!
They are Committed – We ask for a 1-Year Commitment – Then we re-decide – Do you want to start or continue?
- Attend two and commit
- They Show-up Unless they Can’t
- They do the Homework
Testimony from our Mastermind group
‘For years I’ve looked for leaders to learn from. I’d always read about the transformational benefits of a mastermind group but never knew how to start or find one. When I discovered Learning to Lead I knew my prayers had been answered. This group has become a source of inspiration, encouragement, accountability, and guidance. In the past year I have made tremendous progress on my goals and have developed a greater perspective on leadership. I can see the impact Learning to Lead has made on my career, relationships, attitude, and aspirations. I feel more confident, focused, and supported than ever before. I know that Learning to Lead has helped me develop faster than I ever could have on my own.’ ~Paul Matthews
How you can get involved:
- Start a Mastermind Group – Contact me at email@example.com and let me know you want to lead. We will equip you!
- Join a Mastermind Group – Contact me – firstname.lastname@example.org
“If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The Learning to Lead Podcast in iTunes
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.