In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, Doug Smith interviews Jesse Cole, Founder of Fans First Entertainment and Owner of the Savannah Bananas. You are in for a treat with this power-packed episode. Enjoy!
About Jesse Cole
Jesse Cole is the founder of Fans First Entertainment and owner of the Savannah Bananas.
His teams have welcomed more than one million fans to their ballparks and have been featured on MSNBC, CNN, ESPN and in Entrepreneur Magazine.
The Bananas have been awarded Organization of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Business of the Year and won the CPL Championship in their first year. Fans First Entertainment has been featured on the INC 5000 lists as one of the fastest growing companies in America.
The Savannah Bananas currently have sold out every game since their first season and have a waiting list in the thousands for tickets.
Jesse released his first book “Find Your Yellow Tux – How to Be Successful by Standing Out” in January of 2018 with a World Book Tour…at Epcot.
Cole has been featured on over 500 podcasts and is an in-demand keynote speaker all over the country sharing the Fans First Experience on how to stand out, be different and create raving fans of both customers and employees.
Cole is the Host of the Business Done Differently Podcast and has interviewed over 100 of some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs, authors and speakers.
6 Key Take-Aways From Episode 273.
1. Jesse talks about the crazy journey of turning around the Savannah Bananas baseball team around and creating the incredible culture and success that exists in the organization today.
2. What makes you different? Hardest question to answer. A litte bit “er” is not enough. What are you the ONLY one doing? That’s what you need to answer! That’s how you need to stand out.
3. Businesses have business plans and marketing plans, but do they have ATTENTION plans? How are you getting people’s attention?
4. Serve over Sell! Entertain and add value before you try and sell someone a product. Here’s the best marketing advice… Stop marketing! Don’t ask how you can make money tomorrow, but how you can serve your people!
5. Jesse talks about his 3M Philosophy. Moments – Matter – Meaning. Create moments that show people that they matter so that they sense deeper meaning.
6. Jesse talks about the importance of Entertainment. Provide enjoyment and amusement. How are you entertaining? You can entertain -bring joy – no matter what you do!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 273:
QUOTES FROM EPISODE 273:
Looking for a key quote? More of a reader?
Read or download a free PDF transcript of this episode here.
ABOUT DOUG SMITH:
Doug is the Director of Development at Light of Life Rescue Mission and Founder and CEO of L3 Leadership. He is the author of his eBook, “Making the Most of Mentoring”, a step by step guide to help you build and cultivate relationships with mentors. He blogs at dougsmithlive.com, he is the host of the L3 Leadership podcast, and he is sought after public speaker. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Laura, who currently works as an Account Executive at Ivalua. Together, they love family, personal growth, travel, working out, and serving others.
CONNECT WITH DOUG:
Subscribe to our Podcast:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Overcast
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe on TuneIn
LEAVE A RATING AND REVIEW
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review.
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how we can better serve you
Beratung Advisors help educate and empower clients to make informed financial decisions. Learn more about how Beratung Advisors can help you make a customized financial plan and create the financial future you deserve by visiting BeratungAdvisors.com.
Voted Pittsburgh’s Best Jewelry Store, Henne Jewelers has served the Pittsburgh region and beyond with beautiful jewelry and unbeatable customer service since 1887. With a full collection of luxury watches, diamond rings, and estate and designer jewelry, Henne Jewelers not only provide beautiful jewelry for every occasion – they also invest in people. At Henne Jewelers, our mission is to go beyond jewelry purchases, to enhance and strengthen relationships.
Learn more about Henne Jewelers and our To Have and To Hold Program for newly engaged couples by visiting HenneJewelers.com.