Clint Hurdle is the former manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates, a position he held for nine seasons, earning him the title of NL Manager of the Year in 2013. Before working with the Pirates, Clint managed the Colorado Rockies and helped them achieve the 2007 National League pennant. Clint formerly played baseball for the Kansas City Royals along with the Cincinnati Reds, St. Louis Cardinals, and New York Mets and was featured in Sports Illustrated in 1978.
“You model the behavior you want to instill in others.” – Clint Hurdle
Today on the L3 Leadership Podcast:
- What Clint learned about leadership in transitioning from player to coach
- What Clint feels is the “greatest separator,” the quickest way to build trust, and why boundaries within relationships are important
- Putting truth, empathy, and humanity first, even in tough professional conversations
- How to actively gain wisdom and the importance of finding your personal “why”
- Why people tend to relate more to failure than excellence
- The value of investing time in people and Clint’s philosophies on money and happiness
- Clint’s views on praise, criticism, choices, consequences, and his “Mount Rushmore group”
- What young leaders should know about failure and vulnerability
- The importance of being present and doing one thing at a time
- It Worked For Me: In Life and Leadership by Dr. Colin Powell
- John Wooden – Pyramid of Success
- Note to Self by Stephen J. Nesbitt
Connect with Clint Hurdle:
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Join Us at the 2nd Annual L3 Leadership Conference! Leaders… You are one idea and one connection away from changing your destiny – and the destiny of your company. If you’re ready to be inspired, motivated, and influenced to change the future of your organization, to lead effectively, and to inspire others within your company and community – join us for our 2nd annual L3 Leadership Conference.
Register: L3OneDay.com use promo code Podcast to receive an exclusive discount!
Subscribe, Rate & Share
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Google Play to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/l3leadership)