In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you’ll hear our interview with Shawn Lovejoy, CEO & Founder of Courage to Lead, a company that coaches leaders through what keeps them up at night.
In the interview, you’ll hear us talk about the importance of coaching and mentoring, succession, what he believes is the vital attribute of the leaders God uses most, his advice to young leaders, and more!
To view a transcription of this episode, go here!
Shawn is the Founder & CEO of CourageToLead.com. His heart beats for coaching leaders through what keeps them up at night. Shawn has been a real estate developer, church planter, megachurch pastor, and successful entrepreneur and leadership coach. Shawn also speaks and trains leaders and their teams about all things leadership all around the country. Shawn now leads a team of coaches through CourageToLead who coach leaders through what keep them up at night! Shawn’s newest book, Be Mean About the Vision: Preserving and Protecting What Matters, released with Thomas Nelson Publishers in 2016. Shawn has been married (for a quarter of a century!) to his partner and best friend Tricia Lovejoy, and they have three children: Hannah, Madison, & Paul. They all live in Trussville, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham.
Connect with Shawn:
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- The greatest leaders feel valued when you take notes
- Founder’s disease: some leaders can hang on too long
- Every leader is an interim leader. It’s not if you’ll leave, it’s when.
- Systems are a bridge that moves people from where they are to where they need to be.
- Be the culture you want to build.
- Coaching requires a relationship
- Be aware of the shiny new thing. There is no magic bullet. The truth is everything rises and falls on leadership.
- Don’t pressure growth, prepare for growth.
- The best leaders have extremel intentionality
- Goal: Initiate way more than you respond
- Have a whatever it takes attitude.
- Decide who you want to do life with.
- Be too dumb to quit