In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you will hear our interview with Julie Mullins, Senior Pastor of Christ Fellowship in West Palm Beach, Florida. This interview is broken into two episodes. In this episode, you will hear Julie share her advice for women in leadership, how to handle the tension between being a mom and building a ministry, how to make it in leadership over the long-haul, and how to pull off a successful leadership transition.
In part two of the interview, which you can listen to in episode #158, you will hear Julie talk about organizational leadership, how to develop and sustain culture, her favorite books, her advice to her younger self, and more. You’ll find links to connect with Julie below. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
#157: Women in Leadership, Managing Work and Family, and Pulling off a Successful Leadership Transition with Julie Mullins, Senior Pastor of Christ Fellowship
To view a transcription of this epsiode, go here!
Listen to the Interview:
Watch the Interview:
Connect with Julie Mullins:
Julie Mullins and her husband, Todd, are the Senior Pastors of Christ Fellowship Church in South Florida. Christ Fellowship is a diverse, multi-site church that is having a great impact regionally and around the globe. Julie serves on the Directional Leadership Team and is passionate about building healthy church culture and empowering leaders.
Julie started Hope for Freedom – an initiative to fight human trafficking in her home state – and opened the first safe house on the east coast of Florida, caring for trafficked minor girls. Her “favorites” are building a church with her husband, watching their son lead worship and great pastries #foodie. Julie and Todd love serving on the ARC Lead Team and believe in the mission and vision of planting life-giving churches!
Key Takeaways:What we're a part of is so much bigger than the part we play. -Julie MullinsClick To Tweet Ministry isn't about a paycheck. -Julie MullinsClick To Tweet 'A mantle isn't something you take, it's handed to you.' -Julie Mullins Click To Tweet Great leaders make room for leaders to lead. -Julie Mullins Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This podcast is brought to you by Henne Jewelers. Henne Jewelers is the jeweler for life by providing exceptional service and beautiful, unique jewelry so that our clients can demonstrate their love and appreciation or their own sense of style. Our mission is to strengthen and enhance relationships.
This podcast is brought to you by Babb, Inc. Throughout our 80+ years in business, we have established a solid reputation as a leading, independent insurance broker, third party administrator and consulting firm – in Pennsylvania and across the country. With a unique perspective, extensive experience and innovative business strategies, we deliver to our clients the best services and options possible.
This podcast is brought to you by Alex Tulandin. Alex is a full-time Realtor with Keller Williams Realty whose team is committed to providing clients with highly effective, premier real estate experiences throughout the greater Pittsburgh region. Connect with him at PittsburghPropertyshowcase.com.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The L3 Leadership Podcast in iTunes
- Upcoming Events –Go here to see a list of upcoming events! We’d love to see you there in person!
- Mastermind Groups – We believe every leader needs to be in a Mastermind Group. To learn more about Mastermind groups, go to L3Leadership.org/mastermind.
- Podcast – If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on iTunes. That will help us grow our audience organically.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our L3Leadership Podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through L3 Leadership, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our L3 Leadership Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or email! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.