In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, you’ll hear Doug Smith interview Daniel Bull, Founder of Zero Six Eight. Be prepared to be challenged and inspired as Daniel shares the story of Zero Six Eight and the lessons he’s learned along the way.
L3 Leadership Podcast Episode #122: Interview with Daniel Bull, Founder of Zero Six Eight
Daniel Bull is the founder of Zero Six Eight, a for-profit business incubator based in Pittsburgh, PA that exists to promote the full potential of ex-offenders as they pursue goals of employment, entrepreneurship, and independence. Daniel founded Zero Six Eight in 2013 after completing a 21-month prison sentence. Since then, the company has supported 11 startups and created over 64 jobs across a number of different industries.
In addition to his role at Zero Six Eight, Daniel is the Executive VP of Nello Construction and Principal of Nello Development Group. Through a unique partnership, Zero Six Eight and Nello Development came together to form WorkPittsburgh, a modular and prefab contractor operating out of Pittsburgh’s South Side. WorkPittsburgh trains and equips ex-offenders in various construction trades while bringing affordable housing to Western Pennsylvania.
Daniel believes that an honest and open confrontation with the past has been the driving factor in leading Zero Six Eight. Of all his accomplishments since re-entry, he considers reconciliation with his family and re-marriage to his wife, Nicole, to be the most miraculous examples of restoration – a snapshot of what is possible for those committed to change.
Connect with Daniel:
- Website: http://workpittsburgh.org/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/zerosixeight
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZER068
- Twitter: @workpgh
Support Zero Six Eight through a Kiva Loan
One of our sponsors and friends, Zero Six Eight & Daniel Bull, could use some help from L3!
They are trying to raise $10,000 through Kiva to help grow their organization. If you’re unfamiliar with their work, click the link below and read about what they’ve done! As with all Kiva loans, you get paid back. I’d encourage all of you to consider making a loan of some amount to help this great cause! You can make a loan by clicking the link below
Donate/Loan Money here!
- Upcoming Events – Go here to see a list of upcoming events! We’d love to see you there in person!
- Mastermind Groups – We have weekly webinars about Mastermind groups every Tuesday night from 9 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. . E-mail Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Podcast – If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on iTunes. That will help us grow our audience organically.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our L3Leadership Podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through L3 Leadership, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
Babb, Inc. – Throughout our 80+ years in business, we have established a solid reputation as a leading, independent insurance broker, third party administrator and consulting firm – in Pennsylvania and across the country. With a unique perspective, extensive experience and innovative business strategies, we deliver to our clients the best services and options possible.Zero Six Eight – “Zero Six Eight collaborates with ex-convicts who demonstrate a drive for entrepreneurial achievement. By supporting the skills and interests of these entrepreneurs, we work to launch innovative products and services that would otherwise face considerable barriers.” To learn more about 068, go to http://www.zerosixeight.org/.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The L3 Leadership Podcast in iTunes
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our L3 Leadership Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.