In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, Doug Smith interviews Ed Grefenstette, President, CEO, and CIO of the Dietrich Foundation. In the interview they discuss fundraising, leadership, entrepreneurship, and more.
L3 Leadership Podcast Episode #119: Ed Grefenstette, CEO of The Dietrich Foundation
Mr. Grefenstette serves as a Trustee of The Dietrich Foundation, as well as its President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer. Prior to joining the Dietrich Charitable Trusts in April 2010 (now The Dietrich Foundation), he served as Treasurer and Chief Investment Officer of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. He previously co-founded Commonwealth Capital Group, L.P., a small-cap private equity fund, following seven years in investment banking and law. He earned his AB in Economics with honors from Georgetown University, a JD with honors from Georgetown University Law Center, and an MBA in Finance and Strategy with honors from Carnegie Mellon University. In addition to serving as a trustee or director of Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, The Hillman Company and the Hillman Family Foundations, he is also a member of the investment committees of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh.
Connect with Ed:
- Upcoming Events – Go here to see a list of upcoming events! We’d love to see you there in person!
- Mastermind Groups – We have weekly webinars about Mastermind groups every Tuesday night from 9 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. . E-mail Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Podcast – If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on iTunes. That will help us grow our audience organically.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our L3Leadership Podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through L3 Leadership, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
Babb, Inc. – Throughout our 80+ years in business, we have established a solid reputation as a leading, independent insurance broker, third party administrator and consulting firm – in Pennsylvania and across the country. With a unique perspective, extensive experience and innovative business strategies, we deliver to our clients the best services and options possible.Zero Six Eight – “Zero Six Eight collaborates with ex-convicts who demonstrate a drive for entrepreneurial achievement. By supporting the skills and interests of these entrepreneurs, we work to launch innovative products and services that would otherwise face considerable barriers.” To learn more about 068, go to http://www.zerosixeight.org/.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The L3 Leadership Podcast in iTunes
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our L3 Leadership Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.