This L3 Leadership episode comes to you from our breakfast series. We had Lee Kricher and Jason Howard, Pastors of Amplify Church, speak on Living our Leadership Transitions. This talk is full of rich content. Lee is in the process of handing off the church to Jason. They talk about what their relationship looks like, mentoring, how they are processing the transition, and practical tips for anyone looking to pass the Paton to the next generation.
In this episode, you’ll hear their talk from the breakfast. In episode #108, you’ll get to hear the question and answer session with Lee and Jason, which was just as good as their talk.
Episode 107: Lee Kricher & Jason Howard on Living out Leadership Transitions
Lee Kricher has 36 years of experience in Pastoral Ministry and Leadership Development. His dual career gives him a unique perspective on how to apply proven leadership principles in the church. He has earned a Master’s degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh.
Lee is currently the Senior Pastor of Pittsburgh East Community Church, the church which hefounded with his wife, Linda. He became Senior Pastor of the church for the second time in 2003. At that time, weekend church attendance was under 200 and the average age of attendees was approximately 50 years old. Lee set out to transform the church into a “Next Generation” church implementing major organizational change from staffing to succession planning. Currently weekend attendance is over 1200 and the average age of attendees has dropped by approximately 15 years.
Prior to returning to the ministry, Lee was the Executive Coaching Practice Leader for Linkage, Inc., an international executive development firm. He also served as Vice President of Leadership Development for Development Dimensions International (DDI), one of the largest leadership consulting firms in the world. During his years with Linkage and DDI, Lee developed expertise in the areas ofexecutive coaching and leadership team development. He is a Master Coach who not only coaches Executives and Executive Teams, but also certifies others as leadership coaches.
Lee’s clients have included the Federal Judicial Center, Scientific Atlanta, Citrix Systems, Sanofi-Aventis, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Baptist Health Systems, University of Kentucky, Ernst & Young, General Motors, Pitney Bowes, Moen, NASA, Dow, Chick-fil-A, K. Hovnanian, Caterpillar, Celebration Health, Yves Roche and NIKE. He recently spoke at North Point Community Church’s DRIVE Conference on the topic of church transformation.
Connect with Lee:
- Website: http://leekricher.com/
- Facebook: facebook.com/lee.kricher
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/leekricher
- Twitter: @Leekricher
- Church: amplifychurch.com
Jason Howard is the Lead Pastor of Amplify Church, Pittsburgh City. In addition, Jason provides oversight to the entire creative process at all Amplify Church campuses, from the worship department to service programming. He is a graduate of Hillsong International Leadership College and Fuller Theological Seminary. Jason and his wife, AJ, are also the proud parents of their three children, Katia, Daniil, and London, who were all adopted internationally.
Connect with Jason:
- Leadership Breakfast with Kimberly Gonxhe on Saturday, August 20th – Get info and register here!
- Mastermind Groups – We have small groups that meet the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month. E-mail Doug at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Podcast – If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on iTunes. That will help us grow our audience organically.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our Learning to Lead podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through Learning to Lead, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
Babb, Inc. – Throughout our 80+ years in business, we have established a solid reputation as a leading, independent insurance broker, third party administrator and consulting firm – in Pennsylvania and across the country. With a unique perspective, extensive experience and innovative business strategies, we deliver to our clients the best services and options possible.Zero Six Eight – “Zero Six Eight collaborates with ex-convicts who demonstrate a drive for entrepreneurial achievement. By supporting the skills and interests of these entrepreneurs, we work to launch innovative products and services that would otherwise face considerable barriers.” To learn more about 068, go to http://www.zerosixeight.org/.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The L3 Leadership Podcast in iTunes
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.