How We Are Leading Our Family Team
In this encore episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, Doug shares some of his favorite tips for those who are raising a family and what has worked for his and Laura’s family.
“Day-to-day intensity, week-to-week consistency, builds awesome family teams” -Doug Smith
7 Key Takeaways:
1. Doug shares the concept of the Family Team. We Find our identity in our family team first. Everything we do contributes to the family team. We’re a family team on Mission… we want to have generations of Family Teams that live for God and make a difference for Him.
2. Doug teaches the legacy of Jonathan Edwards and Max Juke.
3. Doug discusses Stay-at-home parenting vs. parents who go to work.
4. We try to be as consistent as possible! “Day to day intensity, week to week consistency builds champions!” – Jim Rankin
6. 8 Things that Doug & Laura implement to help their children grow.
7. Doug shares the importance of having fun as a family.
About Doug Smith: Doug is the Director of Development at Light of Life Rescue Mission and Founder and CEO of L3 Leadership. He is the author of his eBook, “Making the Most of Mentoring”, a step by step guide to help you build and cultivate relationships with mentors. He blogs at dougsmithlive.com, he is the host of the L3 Leadership podcast, and he is sought after public speaker. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Laura, who currently works as an Account Executive at Ivalua. Together, they love family, personal growth, travel, working out, and serving others.
Quotes from the Episode:
Welcome to the L3 Leadership Podcast!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, where we’re obsessed with helping you grow to your maximum potential and maximize the impact of your leadership.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.