In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, you’ll hear Dave Buehring, Founder & President of Lionshare, share how to make disciples of Jesus in every vocation.
ABOUT DAVE BUEHRING:
Dave Buehring is a devoted disciple of Jesus who is engaged in equipping the Church, guiding leaders, and reproducing disciple makers. Over four-plus decades, Dave has led on local, national, and international fronts. He has had the opportunity to speak thousands of times in hundreds of settings, including conferences and retreats, leadership summits, vocational venues, churches, schools and universities, and humanitarian aid trainings. He is often found walking alongside leaders of all ages, who lead throughout the vocations. Referencing wisdom from the Scriptures, blended with his broad experiences, he guides them toward living godly lives and leading in the ways of God.
Dave is the Founder and President of Lionshare (www.Lionshare.org), a nonprofit organization aimed at igniting and equipping churches and societal leaders to fulfill Jesus’ Great Co-Mission of making disciple-makers. He’s the author of A Discipleship Journey, a scripturally sound, proven and practical resource used in numberous nations throughout the world; The Jesus Blueprint: Rediscovering His Original Plan for Changing the World; and the upcoming book The Great Opportunity: Making Disciples of Jesus in Every Vocation. Dave annually hosts and teaches a six-month leadership intensive for vocational leaders called “A Leadership Journey.” He also can be regularly heard on Lionshare’s podcast Wisdom Unlocked: The Ways of God.
Dave has the privilege of participating in the pastoral team at his home church, Grace Chapel, and has been a part of an international community of leaders, Messenger Fellowship, for over thirty years.
Dave and his wife, Cheryl, reside in the beautiful hills of Franklin, Tennessee, where they enjoy spending time with their family and friends.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- The Great Opportunity: Making Disciples of Jesus in Every Vocation by Dave Buehring
- A Discipleship Journey by Dave Buehring
- The Jesus Blueprint: Rediscovering His Original Plan for Changing the World by Dave Buehring
KEY TAKE-AWAYS FROM EPISODE 263:
- Jesus can impact every sphere of your life. He came to change the world, not just the church. We often limit disciple-making to the church or something only the church does.
- Disciple-Making vs. Mentoring: Disciple-Making always tethers things to Jesus. How to live and work practically for Jesus.
- Since most of us were not intentionally discipled, we don’t know how to disciple others.
- How do we make disciples? We look for people who are F.A.S.T.
- The first question I ask in looking for someone to disciple: In whose ears will my words be big? Those are the people that we have favor with. They listen to what we have to say, do it, and come back for more.
- Dave discusses his one-year disciple-making curriculum and why it works.
- The whole mission of the early church would’ve been to do what Jesus did. What did he do? He made disciples. Church planting and church growth are supposed to be the fruit of proper discipleship.
QUOTES FROM EPISODE 263:“Just because you have the gift of God on you, doesn’t mean your character is where it needs to be.” - Dave BuehringClick To Tweet
READ OR DOWNLOAD THE TRANSCRIPT FOR EPISODE 263.
Looking for a key quote? More of a reader?
Read or download a free PDF transcript of this episode here.
WATCH BACK EPISODES OF THE PODCAST ON YOUTUBE
Select episodes of this podcast are now on YouTube. Our new YouTube Channel gives you a chance to watch some episodes, not just listen. We’ll add select episodes to YouTube as time goes on.
Subscribe to our Podcast:
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Overcast
- Subscribe on Stitcher
- Subscribe on TuneIn
LEAVE A RATING AND REVIEW
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review.
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how we can better serve you
Beratung Advisors help educate and empower clients to make informed financial decisions. Learn more about how Beratung Advisors can help you make a customized financial plan and create the financial future you deserve by visiting BeratungAdvisors.com.
Voted Pittsburgh’s Best Jewelry Store, Henne Jewelers has served the Pittsburgh region and beyond with beautiful jewelry and unbeatable customer service since 1887. With a full collection of luxury watches, diamond rings, and estate and designer jewelry, Henne Jewelers not only provide beautiful jewelry for every occasion – they also invest in people. At Henne Jewelers, our mission is to go beyond jewelry purchases, to enhance and strengthen relationships.
Learn more about Henne Jewelers and our To Have and To Hold Program for newly engaged couples by visiting HenneJewelers.com.
ABOUT DOUG SMITH:
Doug is the Director of Development at Light of Life Rescue Mission and Founder and CEO of L3 Leadership. He is the author of his eBook, “Making the Most of Mentoring”, a step by step guide to help you build and cultivate relationships with mentors. He blogs at dougsmithlive.com, he is the host of the L3 Leadership podcast, and he is sought after public speaker. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Laura, who currently works as an Account Executive at Ivalua. Together, they love family, personal growth, travel, working out, and serving others.