John Nuzzo is a senior pastor at Victory Family Church in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, which he founded with his wife, Michelle, 26 years ago. Victory Family Church aims to help people know God, find freedom, discover their purpose, and ultimately make a difference. John is a dedicated leader with a deep desire to multiply his impact while equipping and empowering the next generation to lead.
Today, John joins me to share some of his insights from his decades of leadership experience, highlighting some of the defining lessons to be gained from each decade. He emphasizes the importance of knowing your mission and purpose, prioritizing impact over achievement, and not letting the specifics of goals outweigh the depth of your calling. John also shares the importance of gratitude, the harmful nature of pride, and why it is essential to stay focused and never quit.
“Stop telling people what you aren’t and be who you are.” – John Nuzzo
Today on the L3 Leadership Podcast:
- John’s leadership journey, and what he has learned in the past 3-5 years
- Why yielding to God, serving people and being honest is important
- The importance of connecting to the next generation and equipping them to lead
- How awareness about your mortality can impact your perspective on life
- What John feels is one of the worst emotions in the world
- Lessons for leaders in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s
- The importance of prioritizing your values over the specifics of what you are doing
- What we tend to overestimate and underestimate when it comes to our goals
- How goals shift and change as you grow older and wiser
- The decade John feels is the “ideal decade of your life”
- The trap of comparison, and why you should focus on who you are, not who you aren’t
- How the presence of ego changes over time, and why John wants to be a “multiplier”
- Why the book Hero Maker had such a profound impact on John
- What John regrets the most in his life
- How John’s faith in God helped him overcome addiction
- The harm of judgment and pride and the importance of gratitude
- Why relational journeys can be painful, and how your mental perceptions can get in the way
Hero Maker by Dave Ferguson and Warren Bird
Connect with John Nuzzo:
This episode is sponsored by: Beratung Advisors
Beratung Advisors help educate and empower clients to make informed financial decisions. Learn more about how Beratung Advisors can help you make a customized financial plan and create the financial future you deserve by visiting BeratungAdvisors.com.
This episode is sponsored by: Henne Jewelers
Voted Pittsburgh’s Best Jewelry Store, Henne Jewelers has served the Pittsburgh region and beyond with beautiful jewelry and unbeatable customer service since 1887. With a full collection of luxury watches, diamond rings, and estate and designer jewelry, Henne Jewelers not only provide beautiful jewelry for every occasion – they also invest in people. At Henne Jewelers, our mission is to go beyond jewelry purchases, to enhance and strengthen relationships. Learn more about Henne Jewelers and our To Have and To Hold Program for newly engaged couples by visiting HenneJewelers.com.