Every year, I have the privilege to attend the Global Leadership Summit Simulcast at Orchard Hill Church. It’s always one of the highlights of my year. Below, I’ve recapped my highlights from the first day of the conference. It did not disappoint! I hope these thoughts will add value to your life. Enjoy!
Session #1: Bill Hybels on the Lenses of Leadership
- Everyone wins when a leader gets better
- The stakes of leadership are sky high
- Armed with enough humility, leaders can learn from anybody
- Leadership is moving people from here to there
- The #1 motivator for people is to work for a passion filled leader
- People will never forget working for a passion filled leader
- An organization will only be as healthy as the top leader wants ti to be
- Cultures are begging to be transformed.
- God only treasures one thing in this universe: people!
- It’s cruel and unusual punishment for people to not know how they are doing.
- Legacies can change in an instant
- Leadership matters. It matters so much it scares me.
Session 2: Alan Mulally
- You have to give your people permission to call out red light issues and trust that they won’t get fired and even when they don’t have a solution.
Session 3: Melinda Gates
- The biggest thing she learned in high school was that one person can change the world
- Take silent retreats and time to be silent every day
- Their foundation is an embodiment of their values in the world
- All lives have equal value. How can they all have the same start?
- You only need so much money, let’s give away the vast majority of our resources!
Session 4: Jossy Chacko
- When people hear your vision, they should see the largeness of your God
- Don’t give vision poppers attention, they cannot see what God put in your heart
- Let your vision be determined by what your Creator put inside you
- Jesus knew Peter would deny him, Judas would betray him, and Thomas would doubt him, and he invested in them anyway.
- Don’t be fooled by the packages people come in. Be blessed with some unlikely leaders!
- Leaders are all around us, we just need to find them.
- Your leadership impact will be determined by the people you empower
- Empowerment gives you room to focus on new horizons.
- Build people’s character before you empower them.
- People don’t fail because of lack of information, they fail for lack of character.
- Empowerment happens through relationship.
- Without taking risks, it is impossible to please God
- Who is missing out by you refusing to take your next step of faith?
- Your leadership capacity is in direct proportion to your pain threshold
- Heaven doesn’t need your gifts and dreams, the world does.
- Don’t procrastinate pulling the trigger on the thing God put in your heart
- Don’t go into eternity with regrets
- Make a list of all the dreams in your heart, put timeframes on them, get a person to hold you accountable.
- Don’t let earthly practicalities cause you to miss out on Heavenly possibilities
Session 5: Travis Bradberry
- People with an average IQ outperform high IQ’s 70% of the time
- Only 36% of people can identify their emotions
- The top performing CEO’s have the highest EQ’s
Session 6: Patrick Lencioni
- Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this session
Thoughts? Comment below!
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!