In this episode, you’ll hear Ken Coleman share about his new book, “The Proximity Principle: The Proven Strategy That Will Lead To A Career You Love.
To view a transcription of this episode, go here!
Ken Coleman is the host of The Ken Coleman Show and the top-rated EntreLeadership Podcast, and author of One Question: Life-Changing Answers from Today’s Leading Voices. An acclaimed interviewer and broadcaster, Coleman equips, encourages and entertains listeners through thought-provoking interviews, helping them grow their businesses, pursue their passions, and move toward a fulfilled purpose. You can follow him on Twitter at @KenColeman, on Instagram at @KenWColeman, and online at kencolemanshow.com or facebook.com/KenColemanHost.
Connect with Ken:
- Ken Coleman Show
- Entreleadership Podcast
- One Question (Ken’s Book) (Affiliate link)
- What is the Proximity Principle? Why did you write this?
- One theme I saw throughout the book was “Ownership” You said, “If I was ever going to be a broadcaster, it was up to me and me alone…” Can you talk about how important it is for people to “own their dreams?
- “People who can help you are working hard and not focused on helping In the book, you talk about 5 people to look for as you begin your climb toward the dream job… Two that you talk about are Mentors and Producers… You said: you! No one is sitting around thinking about how they can help you find their dream job.
- What are some intentional things people can do to get noticed by mentors and producers?
- In the book you say, In order to get help, you need to be the kind of person people want to help! Be a learner!….Can you talk about having a willingness to learn and be teachable?
- A theme I saw throughout the book is a willingness to be patient, can you talk about patience and what you’ve learned about it through your journey?
- In the book, you also talk about 5 places that everyone can expect to encounter on their climb… You made a statement, “Every place matters!” Can you talk about the importance of valuing every place?”
- Anything else you want to leave leaders with today
If this podcast helped you and you believe it could help others, please share it on social media and consider leaving us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, we would love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Leave a comment below!