In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you will hear our interview with Dr. Leslie Brasick. Specifically, you will hear her share her thoughts on empathy, overcoming tragedy and failure, faith, money, and we take her through our lightning round questions.
To view a transcription of this episode, go here!
ABOUT LESLIE BRAKSICK:
Professionally, Dr. Leslie Braksick is a veteran CEO coach, entrepreneur, consultant, author, educator, keynote speaker, and board member. Personally, she is a wife, mother, community leader, and philanthropist.
Dr. Braksick is a resource often tapped by top executives and boards to provide coaching, insight, and advising during times of strategically important transition and intense strategic change. Her work often involves preparing EVPs for C-suite succession including coaching them during their early years at the helm. Her coaching clients have included senior-most executives at General Electric, Bell Atlantic, ExxonMobil, H.J. Heinz, The Hartford, Tenet Healthcare, Chevron, Archer Daniels Midland, and dozens of others.
Dr. Braksick’s books and articles are widely used and trusted by companies and business schools to teach leadership and to showcase exemplary corporations that have successfully transformed their performance by focusing on behavior and leading through change.
CONNECT WITH LESLIE:
- My Next Season
- Your Next Season: Advice for Executives on Transitioning from Intense Careers to Fulfilling Next Seasons (affiliate link)
- A Broken Heart Still Beats (affiliate link)
- The Bereaved Parent (affiliate link)
- When bad things Happen to Good People (affiliate link)
- Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I’ve Loved (affiliate Link)
- When Breath Becomes Air (affiliate link)
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations
- Everyone has a pile they are trying to get through everyday
- Money enables to do things you really want to do. Work hard so you have enough to do what you want to do.
- Live within your means
- Don’t fall in love with your stuff
- Strive to do well enough to help others
- It’s so helpful to know that you’re not alone
- Actively Care
- It’s not always a game of right or wrong, sometimes it is what people can prove
- Love life and don’t skip to the finish line.
- When you’re playing with Thomas the tank engine, focus on the train, not on the client problem keeping you up at night.
- Just ask. Make yourself known.
- Remember, sometimes you just need to interrupt to make sure your voice is heard
- What have you learned about the role of money in your lifetime?
- What advice would you give your kids when it comes to money?
- You’re a very generous person, how do you view generosity and what are some ways that you’re intentional with your giving?
- What role does faith play in your life?
- Does faith have a place in the workplace?
- What is a belief or a behavior that has changed your life?
- If you could put a quote on a billboard for everyone to read, what would it say?
- What’s the best purchase you’ve made in the last year for $100 or less?
- What books have you read that have made a great impact on you that you would
- What podcasts are you listening to?
- What is your favorite failure that led to success?
- What are your favorite questions to ask leaders?
- What is your most worthwhile investment of time or money?
- Do you have any unusual habits that enable you to be successful?
- If you could go back and give your 20 year old self advice, what would you tell him?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- What are you currently working on that you’re excited about and how can our audience serve you?
If this podcast helped you and you believe it could help others, please share it on social media and consider leaving us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, we would love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Leave a comment below!