In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you’ll hear our interview with Chris Hogan, #1 national best-selling Author of Retire Inspired and host of the Retire Inspired Podcast.
In the interview, you will hear Chris talk about how to set yourself up to retire inspired, what he’s learned about leadership and business while working for Dave Ramsey for over a decade, his favorite books and podcasts, advice to young leaders, and much more.
Chris Hogan is the #1 national best-selling author of Retire Inspired: It’s Not an Age. It’s a Financial Number and host of the Retire Inspired Podcast. A popular and dynamic speaker on the topics of personal finance, retirement, and leadership, Hogan helps people across the country develop successful strategies to manage their money in both their personal lives and businesses. You can follow Hogan on Twitter and Instagram at @ChrisHogan360 and online at chrishogan360.com or facebook.com/chrishogan360.
Connect with Chris:
- Chris’s Book: Retired Inspired (affiliate link)
- Retire Inspired Podcast
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (affiliate link)
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud (affiliate link)
- Where you are now is not where you have to end up
- Don’t squander an opportunity
- Know your dreams, plans, #’s, and who you need on your team
- Your own knowledge base is often a lid
- The mission has to be bigger than any individual
- ROI: Involvement, Inclusion, Intentionality
- Think globally – everyone wants to be wanted, cared for, and able to take care of their family
- Your life is an opportunity
- All great leaders are trustworthy, humble, genuine, and caring
- You have more power to lift someone up than you think
- Best investment of $100 or less in the last year: Daddy dates
- If it is an emergency, you need a hospital, not a Hogan. Don’t let other people’s urgency become your emergency
- Slow down
- At the root of every problem, there is a person
- Good managers help people get better at their jobs, great leaders help people get better at their lives.
- Mute the voices that say you can’t
- Tell us about who you are and what you do.
- What do you wish people knew about what it took to get to where you’re at in this stage of your journey?
- You are the retirement and investment expert. In fact, you wrote a bestselling book, “Retire Inspired”. For everyone listening, what do they need to be doing now to make sure they do retire inspired?
- You’ve also been conducting a study on millionaires… what are you learning about them?
- How can people get connected with you to continue to learn from you?
- You’ve served at Ramsey Solutions for over a decade… what are the biggest lessons you’ve learned about business and leadership while working there?
- You get the opportunity to spend time with some of the greatest leaders on the planet… what patterns and character qualities seem to emerge over and over again when it comes to the people God uses in a significant way?
- What are the most significant lessons you’ve learned about public speaking?
- What advice do you have for speakers?
- If you could give young leaders any advice, what would it be?
- What is a belief or a behavior that has changed your life?
- If you could put a quote on a billboard for everyone to read, what would it say?
- What’s the best purchase you’ve made in the last year for $100 or less?
- What books have you read that have made a great impact on you that you would recommend?
- What podcasts are you listening to?
- What are your favorite questions to ask leaders?
- Do you have any unusual habits that help you be more effective?
- If you could go back and give your 20-year-old self-advice, what would you tell him?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
If this podcast helped you and you believe it could help others, please share it on social media and consider leaving us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, we would love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Leave a comment below!