In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you’ll hear part one of our interview with Ken Coleman, Host of the Ken Coleman Show & the Entreleadership Podcast. You will hear Ken talk about why every leader needs to give up to go up, what qualities & characteristics he continually sees in the leaders that he gets spends time with, and what he’s learning while helping people discover their calling through the Ken Coleman Show. You can also listen to part 2 of our interview in episode #182.
To view a transcription of this episode, go here!
Ken Coleman is the host of The Ken Coleman Show and the top-rated EntreLeadership Podcast, and author of One Question: Life-Changing Answers from Today’s Leading Voices. An acclaimed interviewer and broadcaster, Coleman equips, encourages and entertains listeners through thought-provoking interviews, helping them grow their businesses, pursue their passions, and move toward a fulfilled purpose. You can follow him on Twitter at @KenColeman, on Instagram at @KenWColeman, and online at kencolemanshow.com or facebook.com/KenColemanHost.
Connect with Ken:
- Ken Coleman Show
- Entreleadership Podcast
- One Question (Ken’s Book) (Affiliate link)
- You need to have an insane amount of patience
- Giving up to go up is a requirement for success
- Don’t focus on what you have to give up. You won’t miss it or think about it.
- Great leaders all have an insatiable curiosity. They are always learning.
- Ever human being asks two questions: 1.) Am I loved? 2.) Am I good enough?
- Don ‘t let other people’s voices become your own
- No matter how absurd something is, if it is repeated often enough, people will believe it
- Safe leadership decisions will eventually lead to regret
- What do you wish people knew about what it took to get to where you’re at in this stage of your journey?
- What lessons could people learn from your journey about their calling and career?
- What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned about business and leadership since joining the Ramsey Solutions team?
- You get the opportunity to spend time with some of the greatest leaders on the planet… what patterns and character qualities seem to emerge over and over again when it comes to the leaders that God uses in a significant way?
- As you’ve started your radio show, what patterns are you seeing emerge when it comes to people needing help with their calling and career?
- In general, what is your advice to someone when it comes to pursuing a career/calling?
If this podcast helped you and you believe it could help others, please share it on social media and consider leaving us a rating and review on iTunes. Also, we would love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Leave a comment below!