Carolyn Haas is the co-lead Pastor of Substance Church In Minneapolis, Minnesota. Carolyn and her husband Peter planted Substance in 2004 and love pastoring the Substance community together. Carolyn serves on the executive team at Substance as well as the board of One Hope (www.onehope.net).
Carolyn is passionate about women in ministry and leadership and speaks regularly at Substance as well as various women’s conferences and retreats. She loves traveling the world with her husband and connecting with pastors, church planters, and other leaders. Carolyn is a mom to three kids and in her free time likes to spend time with her family, shop for deals at Anthropologie, and drink good coffee.
Connect with Carolyn:
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Peter Haas’s blog: www.peterhaas.org
- Peter’s two books:
- How / When & Why to leave a church (3 part series)
- Social Media blog
- Church Attendance
- This I Believe / part 5 (church attendance/communion of the saints / I believe in the Holy Church)
- We need to teach people the discipline of being planted
- Christians who go to church once a month are miserable
- The #1 cause of spiritual growth is Christian friends
- Everyone needs 4-7 Christian friends and a ministry they get fired up about in order to thrive
- Personality is not an excuse for behavior
- There is no such thing as balanced
- Freakouts are good, they show you your limits
- Stop striving
- Do not pull the gender card when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, nothing can stop you!
- God can open any door.
Thanks for listening!