In this episode, you will hear Doug Smith interview Mark Cole, The CEO of the John Maxwell Company. Mark has been with John Maxwell for 18 years. He is currently the CEO of all six of John’s companies. What’s amazing about Mark is that he started for John in their call center making calls to help get butts in seats for John’s events. In this interview, Mark talks about his leadership journey and how he went from the call center to becoming the CEO. He shares the top lessons he’s learned while working for John and spends a lot of time talking about what it takes to be a great #2. There is a ton of value in this episode. Enjoy!
Mark Cole serves as the CEO of all John Maxwell Companies and has more than 25 years of leadership and team development experience, which uniquely qualifies him to have an integral role and be the champion of the John C. Maxwell brand. He is committed to adding value to individual leaders and leadership teams. Mark has experience in both the non-profit and for-profit sectors, and he has led companies through economic challenges, growth barriers, and disconnected team dynamics.
Mark has learned team development from the world’s leading source of expertise: John C. Maxwell. Mark has worked more closely with John than anyone else in the world, and brings exclusive access to John’s real time principles to the Team. Mark delivers time tested leadership principles ranging from personal leadership to multi-corporation leadership. He resources leaders to develop those around them, ensuring teams are working to their highest potential.
Connect with Mark:
Connect with The John Maxwell Company:
- What do you wish people knew about what it took to get to where you’re at in this stage of your
- What were you doing before you joined the John Maxwell team?
- Did you want to be the CEO one day?
- What enabled you to get to the top? What separated you from everyone else who may have
- wanted to get there?
- How have you continued to make the jump to the next level?
- What are the most valuable lessons you learned along the way?
- What’s your favorite and most fulfilling part of your job?
- What are the difficulties that come with your job that nobody else sees?
- John said you’re the best #2 he’s ever had. We live in a world where everyone wants to be the #1 guy. Can
- you talk about the joy that comes from being #2 and being in your strength zone?
- In John’s latest book, you shared what you do that makes you an invaluable #2. Can you walk us through
- these and challenge those listening who are not #1’s how they can be great #2?
- Tell us about what all of your companies are doing and how can we get involved with them.
- If you could leave leaders with any advice, what would it be?
- How does faith play in a role in what you do? I feel like God has given you guys unique influence with the business world. What advice do you have for believers listening to become more effective with evangelism? Specifically with people outside of the church.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.