- How do you narrow down your causes that your passionate about to know what to focus on?
- You’ve carved your own path, how did you do that and not live in the shadow of your dad’s success?
- What advice do you have for women who are in the workplace and raising a family?
- Who are you a Doctor Bob for? How do you try to be a Doctor Bob to them?
- What causes are you passionate about and how we can get behind them?
- As a leader with your influence, why do you take what may seem like small opportunities like this to speak at events like this? This was one of the best talks you’ve ever given!
- How can we pray for you?
You’ll love this! If you haven’t listened to Laura’s talk, it is a must-listen to episode! You can listen at https://www.l3leadership.org/episode145
Connect with Laura:
Laura Ellsworth’s Bio:
Laura Ellsworth is Jones Day’s first Partner-in-Charge of Global Community Service Initiatives, spearheading the Firm’s rule of law initiatives around the world. In her litigation practice, she has handled landmark public nuisance cases, multijurisdictional product liability matters, the largest health care bankruptcy of its time, and nationwide qui tam cases. Laura’s commercial litigation work repeatedly has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America, Chambers, and Super Lawyers, and she was named one of Pennsylvania’s top female litigators by the Legal Intelligencer. She served on the Local Rules Advisory Committee for the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and in 2013-2014 was co-chair of the Federal Judicial Selection Committee for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She served as Partner-in-Charge of the Pittsburgh Office from 2003 to 2015.
Laura is active in civic and community affairs, serving on the board and executive committee of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development and chair of the Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce, chair of the Youth Policy Council, vice-chair of the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board, and past chair of the United Way Women’s Leadership Council. She was named by Governor Rendell as one of the Top Businesswomen in Pennsylvania and was appointed by Governor Corbett to serve on the boards of the Pennsylvania State System for Higher Education, the Pennsylvania Council on Privatization and Innovation, and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. She also serves on the boards of Magee-Womens Research Institute & Foundation (leading their $100 million global campaign), Imani Christian Academy, the Heinz History Center, F.N.B Corporation, Waynesburg University, The Duquesne Club, the McCune Foundation, and the University of Pittsburgh Institute of Politics. She previously served on the boards of the Pennsylvania Economy League, YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, the Pittsburgh Public Theater, and Neighborhood Legal Services. She also serves on many advisory boards, including A+ Schools and the Chatham Center for Women in Politics. Laura has taught law classes in inner-city schools and conducted two Lawyers Without Borders programs in Nairobi, Kenya, before lawyers, prosecutors, and judges.
Laura’s civic contributions have been recognized in the 2013 CCAC Educational Foundation Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award, the 2013 ATHENA Award, the 2014 Pittsburgh Business Times BusinessWomen First Award, the 2014 Pennsylvania Diversity Council’s Most Powerful & Influential Women Award, the 2016 Carlow University’s Women of Spirit Award, the 2016 Legal Intelligencer‘s Lifetime Achievement Award, and named a 2017 Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America. In 2015 she was named #20 among the 50 Most Powerful People in Pittsburgh.
- Upcoming Events –Go here to see a list of upcoming events! We’d love to see you there in person!
- Mastermind Groups – We have weekly webinars about Mastermind groups every Tuesday night from 9 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. . E-mail Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Podcast – If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on iTunes. That will help us grow our audience organically.
- To listen to other interviews, go to our L3Leadership Podcast page. To learn more about what we’re doing through L3 Leadership, sign-up for our e-mail newsletter here.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The L3 Leadership Podcast in iTunes
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our L3 Leadership Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.