How to Become an Emotionally Healthy Leader with Pete Scazzero
After leading New Life Fellowship Church for 26 years, Pete Scazzero co-founded Emotionally Healthy Discipleship, a groundbreaking ministry that moves the church forward by slowing it down in order to multiply deeply changed leaders and disciples. He hosts the top-ranked Emotionally Healthy Leader Podcast and is also the author of a number of bestselling books, including The Emotionally Healthy Leader and Emotionally Healthy Spirituality. Pete and his wife Geri also developed the two-part Emotionally Healthy Discipleship Course, a powerful resource that helps move people from a shallow to a deep relationship with Jesus.
Today, Pete joins me to talk about his journey to becoming an emotionally healthy leader and share how other leaders can take the same journey. He talks about the unbreakable link between emotional health and spiritual maturity and the power of experiencing grief and loss. He rebuts our culture’s unhealthy definition of success, offering his own biblical definition. He notes the meaning of marriage, explaining why it must take priority. He discusses the importance of rhythm and the power of keeping the Sabbath holy. He explains what a rule of life is, sharing how leaders can implement it in their lives. He talks about the need for counter-cultural communities and explains why, often, just reading a book isn’t enough for it to change your life.
“Success is being the person God calls you to become and doing what God calls you to do, in His way and according to His timetable.”
– Pete Scazzero
Key Takeaways this week on the L3 Leadership Podcast:
● Emotional health and spiritual maturity can’t be separated
● The importance of discovering and recognizing your emotions
● There’s gold and treasure in grief and loss
● Success is being the person God calls you to become and doing what God calls you to do, in His way and according to His timetable
● If you’re called to marriage, it needs to become your first priority
● The power of slowing down and the importance of rhythm
● The power of keeping the Sabbath
● The power of community to shape and transform culture
● The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life Will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team, and the World by Pete Scazzero
● Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It’s Impossible to Be Spiritually Mature While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Pete and Geri Scazzero
● Emotionally Healthy Discipleship: Moving from Shallow Christianity to Deep Transformation by Pete Scazzero, Chapter 6
Welcome to the L3 Leadership Podcast!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, where we’re obsessed with helping you grow to your maximum potential and maximize the impact of your leadership.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Spotify I Stitcher I Apple Podcasts I iHeart Radio I TuneIn I Google Podcasts I Amazon Music