In this episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, you will hear me interview NY Times Best Selling Author, Liz Wiseman. In the interview, we take a deep dive into all three of her leadership books, including her best-seller, Multipliers. You can listen to part two of our interview with Liz in episode #170 here.
Subscribe to the L3 Leadership Podcast:
Connect with Liz:
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter (Affiliate link)
- Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work (Affiliate link)
- The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools (Affiliate link)
Liz teaches leadership to executives around the world. She is the CEO of the Wiseman Group, a leadership research and development firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Liz has been listed on the Thinkers50 ranking and named one of the top 10 leadership thinkers in the world.
She is the author of three best-selling books:
• Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work
• Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
• The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools.
She has conducted significant research in the field of leadership and collective intelligence and writes for Harvard Business Review, Fortune, and a variety of other business and leadership journals.
A former executive at Oracle Corporation, she worked over the course of 17 years as the Vice President of Oracle University and as the global leader for Human Resource Development. As an advisor, some of her recent clients include Apple, Disney, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Nike, Roche, Salesforce.com, and Twitter.
She is a frequent guest lecturer at BYU, the Naval Postgraduate School, and Stanford University. Liz holds a Bachelors degree in Business Management and a Masters of Organizational Behavior from Brigham Young University.
Key Takeaways:[clickToTweet tweet=”‘People overlook the importance of homework.’ -@LizWiseman” quote=”‘People overlook the importance of homework.’ -@LizWiseman”] [clickToTweet tweet=”‘Figure out what your boss is good at and put it to work.’ -@LizWiseman” quote=”‘Figure out what your boss is good at and put it to work.’ -@LizWiseman”] [clickToTweet tweet=”‘Always be willing to take charge.’ -@LizWiseman” quote=”‘Always be willing to take charge.’ -@LizWiseman”] [clickToTweet tweet=”‘Spend time with rookies!’ -@LizWiseman” quote=”‘Spend time with rookies!’ -@LizWiseman”]
This podcast is brought to you by Henne Jewelers. Henne Jewelers is the jeweler for life by providing exceptional service and beautiful, unique jewelry so that our clients can demonstrate their love and appreciation or their own sense of style. Our mission is to strengthen and enhance relationships.
This podcast is brought to you by Babb, Inc. Throughout our 80+ years in business, we have established a solid reputation as a leading, independent insurance broker, third party administrator and consulting firm – in Pennsylvania and across the country. With a unique perspective, extensive experience and innovative business strategies, we deliver to our clients the best services and options possible.
Connect with L3 Leadership:
- Website: L3Leadership.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l3-leadership
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/L3Leader
- Twitter: @L3leader
- Instagram: @l3leadership
- Podcast: The L3 Leadership Podcast in iTunes
- Upcoming Events –Go here to see a list of upcoming events! We’d love to see you there in person!
- Mastermind Groups – We believe every leader needs to be in a Mastermind Group. To learn more about Mastermind groups, go to L3Leadership.org/mastermind.
- Podcast – If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on iTunes. That will help us grow our audience organically.
How You can help our Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to our podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for our L3 Leadership Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail us.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!