This episode comes to you from our interview series, in which I interview great leaders and try to extract their best leadership practices. I had the privilege of interview Patty Beard, Vice President, Leadership & Organizational Development at Dick’s Sporting Goods, a company that consists of over 37,000 employees! She has been in leadership development throughout her entire career, both at Dick’s and GE. I enjoyed my conversation so much with Patty that I asked her to speak at an upcoming Learning to Lead breakfast. I know you’ll love this interview. Below you’ll find Patty’s bio, ways to connect with her, and more. Enjoy the interview.
To stay up to date with Learning to Lead, subscribe to our e-mail list!
Episode #80: Interview with Patty Beard
Highly accomplished Learning & OD leader with a comprehensive background that includes over 15 years of domestic & international experience in HR/Organizational Development supporting business strategies through the successful application of performance development, training and facilitation, project management, internal consulting, coaching and Six Sigma quality improvement methodologies. Recognized as an accomplished, effective leader and change agent possessing a strong, customer-centric focus and proven experience collaborating with senior management to conduct strategic planning to support and further business goals.
Specialties:- Training and Development
– Talent & Leadership Development
– Facilitation and Public Speaking
– Consulting, Coaching and Mentoring
– Strategic Planning/Budgeting
– Assessment and Analysis
– Project Management
– Six Sigma certified (Black Belt)
Connect with Patty:
- Tell us about yourself, your family, your passions, and what you do.
- What’s one thing about Patty Beard that people would be surprised to know?
- When you think of success, who is the first person who comes to mind?
- Walk us through your leadership journey… When did you first realize you were a leader?
- How did you learn to lead?
- Can you name a person or two who have had a huge impact on your life as a leader? How did they person impact your life?
- What are you doing and what have you done to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
How do you structure your days and your life so that you are as productive as possible?
Could you talk about one or two of your greatest leadership failures? What did you learn from them?
What did you learn about leadership at GE? What have you learned about leadership at Dick’s?
Learning to Lead Announcements:
1.) Learning to Lead Breakfast Series – Our next leadership event will be a lunch on Saturday, January 16th, 2016 at 8 a.m. at Bistro to Go on the North Side. Our speaker is Russell Livingston, President of Babb, Inc. Register here for this event!
2.) Learning to Lead Small Groups – We have a small groups of young leaders that get together twice a month to discuss leadership, hold each other accountable to our goals, and to build a community of leaders passionate about making a difference in our city. If you’re interested in attending, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Help this Podcast:
- To listen to past interviews, go to my podcast page.
- Subscribe to this podcast
- Rate and leave a review of the podcast
- Share the content on Social Media
- Sign-up for my Learning to Lead Newsletter
- If you have an idea for a future podcast you would like to hear or a leader you would like me to interview, e-mail me at email@example.com.
- If you enjoyed the podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a review.
If this post helped you and you believe it could help others, please recommend it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and the other social media sites listed below. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on this post. Leave a comment below! Thank you!
I would also encourage you to subscribe to this blog via RSS feed or e-mail! You can sign-up for e-mail by typing your e-mail address in the box on the left hand side of this site that says “E-mail updates”.